Last Updated October 21, 2021
This Privacy Notice applies to information that is collected online and processed when you use our websites. Please review this Privacy Notice to understand what kind of information we collect, when and how this information may be used, and what options you have with regard to your personal information.
- Information we collect
- How will we use your data
- Who we disclose your information with
- How do we protect your data
- How long do we store your personal data
- What are your data protection rights
- What are your California Privacy Rights
- Children’s Privacy
- Updates to this Privacy Notice
- Contact us
1. Information we collect
a. Voluntarily disclosed personal information
You may voluntarily provide us personal information when you inquire about our services and products, fill out a “contact us” form, upload a resume, or utilize other website services. The data you provide will vary depending on the services, interactions, and website features you use. Generally, the information you may provide us includes your:
- First and last name;
- Contact details such as, email addresses, phone numbers, and mailing address;
- Recruitment related information including education and employment history that may be found in resumes; and
- Other information that you provide when you communicate, engage or otherwise interact with us or our websites.
b. Information automatically collected
We may automatically capture device information when you use our website. Data captured in this manner may include the following:
- Device and usage information;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser, device identifiers, and device operating system;
- Date and time you vested our websites, what pages were viewed, and other technical information; and
- Information gathered from cookies and other tracking technologies.
2. How we use collected data
Data we collect is used for a variety of reasons depending on the services utilized and how you may interact with our websites. We may use this information only for our legitimate business interests to:
- Provide you marketing or promotional information regarding our services or cases;
- To notify you of changes to our policies;
- For hiring and reviewing applications to open positions;
- To analyze how our services and websites are used to improve the experience;
- For ensuring the security of our services and websites;
- To respond to inquiries about our services; and
- To comply with the applicable laws, regulations, or as required by government agency, or judicial process.
3. Who we disclose your information with
Please be assured that Kessler Topaz does not sell, lease or rent personal information to third parties. Your personal information that we handle will only be shared with third parties for the following reasons:
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, analytics providers, and information technology providers.
- We may disclose personal data to comply with laws, regulations, assist in an investigation, prevent fraud, protect and defend our rights and property, the rights or safety of third parties, or enforce this Policy or agreements with third parties.
4. How do we protect your data?
We understand that information security is a critical component of data privacy. Kessler Topaz makes reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from disclosure, loss, alteration, and unauthorized use. Despite our implemented controls, no transmission of data over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. With this in mind, if you elect to submit sensitive information through our websites, please be advised that you do so at your own risk.
For additional details regarding how we securely handle information, please see the following: https://www.securitiestracker.com/focus-areas/data-safety-security
5. How long do we store your personal data?
Kessler Topaz will only retain your personal information for the period necessary to perform our business functions or as required by law. If we no longer have a legitimate business purpose for your personal information, your data will be deleted or if stored on backups, segmented and isolated so no process is performed with that data until it can be deleted.
Our Firm would like to send you information about our cases or services we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop our Firm from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at: email@example.com or unsubscribe using the link provided in the body of the email.
7. What are your data protection rights?
Kessler Topaz would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Under certain circumstances and in accordance with EU or other applicable data protection laws, you may have the right to require us to:
- The right to access – You have the right to request that our Firm provide copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that our Firm correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request our Firm to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that our Firm erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that our Firm restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our Firm’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that our Firm transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If you contact us to exercise any of these rights, we will check your entitlement and respond within a month.
8. What are your California privacy rights?
As a California resident, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information as follows:
- You have the right to request that we disclose to you what information we collect, use, disclose, and sell.
- You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you which has been collected.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, but note that Kessler Topaz does not sell, lease or rent personal information to third parties.
Please allow up to 45 days for us to process your request. Your exercise of these rights will have no adverse effect on the price and quality of our goods or services.
To submit one of the above requests, you may submit a request via email at email@example.com or by calling us at 866-665-7114. Please note for your protection, any request sent to us to delete your personal information will be subject to a verification procedure that may require you to provide us with information about you that we have in our files. Such information will be used for verification purposes only. We may have disclosed your personal information as described above during the preceding 12 months, but we do not sell your personal information. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request to exercise your rights on your behalf. We may deny any request from an agent who does not submit proof that they have been authorized to act on your behalf.
You can exercise your right to stop email marketing messages from us at any time as detailed in section 6 “Marketing” of this notice. If you contact us to exercise any of these rights we will check your entitlement and respond to most cases within 45 days. We shall not discriminate against you for exercising any of your above rights.
For further information on cookies in general, visit allaboutcookies.org.
b. Tracking technologies and Google analytics.
Kessler Topaz occasionally uses Google AdWords and AdRoll and other third party services. Through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons), Kessler Topaz may collect data that help in designing and providing our services, in understanding how our websites are used by those who visit them, and in analyzing any advertisements we may use . This does not include data that personally or directly identifies you when you visit our website, the website of entities for which we serve advertisements (our “Advertisers”), or the websites and online services where we display advertisements (“Publishers”). We may use the information we collect to serve you more relevant advertisements (referred to as “Retargeting”).
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-out Page.
Our company website contains links to other websites such as Twitter and Facebook. Our privacy notice applies only to our website, so if you click on a link to another website, you should read their privacy notice or policy before submitting any information via those sites.
11. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 18. Please contact us as provided below in the “Contact us” section of this notice if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent.
12. Updates to this Privacy notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by our website or by directly sending you a notification by email. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are using and protecting your personal information.
13. Contact us